Why Green-e Energy Certification?
A one-page summary of why certification & verification
are importantGreen-e Energy
provides added value through quality assurance, consumer
and marketing support.
Consumer Confidence & Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance – Your renewable energy option will meet rigorous environmental and consumer protection standards.
- Consumer Confidence – Third-party verification
gives your customers confidence in their choice of renewable
energy option and supplier.
- Supplier Qualification – Many large customers
(Commercial & Industrial,
federal, state and local governments) require Green-e certification
in their solicitations.
- Eligibility and Recognition – Your large customers can participate in some of the nation’s leading large user green power purchasing recognition programs such as the U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership, U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED standard, and others. No other organization can confer the Green-e logo, even if the supply meets our published standards (see Green-e "Certifiable" is NOT Green-e Certified [PDF] to learn more).
in the Power Marketers Advisory Committee or Utility Green Pricing
Advisory Committee – Forums for discussion
about market strategies, state regulatory compliance
and renewable energy outreach programs.
Logo Use & Marketing Support
- Product Marketing Support – Include your product
on nationally distributed educational and promotional materials
and the Green-e website, the source for finding the best
renewable energy options. Green-e has dedicated staff that
participates in national and regional conferences and promote
Green-e certified options to a broad audience of residential,
business and government purchasers.
- Promotional Product Launch – Newly
certified products are introduced to the market with a
national press release to major media and the Green-e stakeholder
and an announcement in the Green-e newsletter.
- Green-e Logo Use – Your company can use
the nationally recognized trademarked
Green-e logo to promote your renewable energy option and gain public recognition.
You customers can also sign up for Green-e
to promote their purchase of certified renewable