Green-e Energy Attestation Forms
The attestation forms below must be used to substantiate the chain of custody of all renewable MWh (renewable electricity or standalone RECs) used in Green-e Energy certified sales. Different forms apply to facilities based on whether they are registered in an approved electronic Tracking System or not. It is up to the Green-e Energy Participant to ensure that all attestations and chain of custody documentation is provided to their auditor and to Green-e Energy staff during the annual verification process.
Many common questions about attestations and Tracking Systems are answered in the Green-e Energy FAQ.
For Facilities in Tracking Systems
Tracking Attestation, for tracked facilities that want to be pre-screened for Green-e Energy eligibility in a Tracking System. This form will be reviewed by Green-e Energy staff in advance of annual verification; instructions are on the first page of the document.
- Tracking Attestation for Electricity and RECs, to be signed by generators selling renewables through a tracking system. Last modified October 2016. This version is to be used by all facilities requesting recognition of Green-e Energy eligibility in a tracking system, older forms will be returned.
Attestations for individual / one-time sales of RECs from facilities in a Tracking System. These do NOT grant any specific Green-e Energy eligibility status in a Tracking System; the ultimate determination of eligibility lies with Green-e Energy staff during the annual verification audit.
- Generator Attestation for Electricity and RECs. Last modified May 2008
- Non-Gaseous Biomass Generator Attestation for Electricity and RECs. Last modified June 2015. This form is necessary for all non-gaseous biomass facilities not registered in a tracking system.
- Wholesale Attestation for Electricity and RECs. Last modified May 2008
- Small Generator Attestation, for RECs from facilities 10 kW or less. Last modified March 2009
Attestation for retirement of California cap-and-trade allowances. This form is to be used to comply with Appendix A.4 of the Green-e Energy National Standard, when California emissions allowances are retired on behalf of the sale of generation occurring in California or directly delivering to California.
- Attestation for the Retirement of California Greenhouse Gas Allowances. Last modified May 2014
- Flow chart showing scenarios when the above attestation can be used. Last modified May 2014
For Facilities NOT in Tracking Systems
Attestations for sales of RECs and renewable electricity from facilities not registered in an Electronic Tracking System. These do NOT grant any specific Green-e Energy eligibility status; the ultimate determination of eligibility lies with Green-e Energy staff during the annual verification audit. Facilities not in a Tracking System may only use the forms below.