Green-e® Energy Stakeholder Comment Period Open for Idaho Power's "Black Mesa Solar" Green Power Option
Comments accepted through September 11, 2023
Dear Green-e® Energy Stakeholders,
Idaho Power is seeking certification for "Black Mesa Solar," an opt-in green power option that meets the requirements outlined in the Green-e® Renewable Energy Standard for Canada and the United States (the “Standard”) and the Green-e® Energy Code of Conduct for Canada and the United States, both available at Green-e® Energy Documents. Idaho Power’s Black Mesa Solar, LLC is in a 20-year power purchase agreement, and 100% of the generation will be sold to Micron Technology, Inc. (retail customer of Idaho Power).
- New Renewables: Resources that are allocated to the program or procured will meet the requirement for beginning operation or having been repowered according to the “New Date” as listed in the Standard. Additionally, for this Long-Term Contract, Idaho Power Company is requesting an exception to allow Green-e® Energy certification beyond the 15-year "New Date" and through the life of the 20-year PPA.
- REC Tracking: The RECs generated from the facility meeting the requirement set forth in the Standard will be tracked in WREGIS. Idaho Power Company will then retire these RECs on behalf of Micron.
- Verification Audit: Idaho Power Company plans to complete the annual verification audit similar to the process for its other utility green pricing product, the Green Power Program. The company likely will continue to use a third-party auditor.
- Marketing Compliance Review (MCR): Idaho Power Company will be participating in the annual MCR where the Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) staff confirms that Idaho Power is not making false or misleading statements about their product and that they have made pricing, power, and contract disclosure to the customer in a standardized format. There are no program marketing materials to review in advance of the program launch.
- RPS Requirements: Idaho Power Company currently is not required to meet any state or federal Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) requirements, legislation, or settlement agreements.
This 21-day stakeholder comment process is your opportunity to weigh in on the product offering to make sure that the product meets your needs and expectations. Comments will be provided to the applicant and the Green-e® Governance Board; the Board will review the application, comments, and responses, and consider whether to approve the application for certification of Idaho Power's Black Mesa Solar product as submitted or to suggest changes to the product.
The application is available for download below. If you would like to review the Standard or other Green-e® Energy governing documents, visit Green-e® Energy Documents.
CRS is accepting stakeholder comments on the application for 21 days—please submit any comments you may have by Monday, September 11, 2023. Comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to forward this to other interested parties. Any comments received may be posted on the Green-e® website.
Thank you in advance for your review and feedback on this application.