as of October 31, 2012
Welcome and thank you for your interest in this website and all content and services available on or through this website (the "Website"). The Website is owned and operated by the Center for Resource Solutions ("CRS"). CRS values the privacy of all individuals who visit and use the Website (individually, "User" and collectively, "Users") and makes it a priority to protect any personally identifiable information that it obtains from its Users.
The Information CRS Collects:
- User-provided Information: CRS may, now or in the future, allow you to register for an account for the Website, sign up for newsletters, or post comments on community forums or blogs hosted on the Website. In connection with those offerings, you may provide to CRS what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, password, gender, email address, postal mailing address, and home/mobile telephone number). From time to time, CRS may also ask you optionally to provide other information. If you choose to provide information during account registration or otherwise, you are giving CRS the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Website, we may automatically record certain information from your browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, "clear gifs", "web beacons", or third-party embedded code. This "automatically collected" information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Website. Additionally, we may automatically record certain information regarding your use of features CRS may make available on or through the Website, such as the blogs that you have liked or commented on, the content you have downloaded, and the like.
The Way CRS Uses Information:
- CRS uses the information that you provide or that it collects in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you. CRS generally uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on or through the Website. CRS may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information about CRS's features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. However, you will have the option to opt out of receiving such information by making the appropriate choices on or through the Website.
- CRS may use information that you provide or that it collects from Users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Website works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- CRS may use the information that you provide or that it collects to provide you with information, newsletters or offers about CRS's services and publications that may be of interest to you, or to send information or offers to you on behalf of its sponsors or other entities. However, you will have the option to opt out of receiving this information by making the appropriate choices on or through the Website.
- CRS may use "cookies" information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re- enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; and (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed, demographic information of users interested in a program, feature, publication, or blog, etc.
- If you have registered for an account for the Website and given your consent, CRS may share your personally identifiable information with its affiliates who would like to send you information about their programs or services that may be of interest to you. CRS affiliates may include, but are not limited to, conference cosponsors or webinar speakers. CRS does not share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third-party organizations without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-out.
- CRS's employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personally identifiable information you may provide or that CRS collects. CRS may share your personally identifiable information with companies that provide services to it, including outside contractors or agents who help manage its information activities, but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide CRS with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
When CRS Discloses Information:
CRS may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally identifiable information to its affiliates or third parties in order to assist these parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, features, or functionality available on or through the Website.
- CRS may, now or in the future, enable you to post your comments on certain parts of the Website. If you share your comments with other Users in this manner, any personally identifiable information that you choose to include in, or that is associated with, those comments will be accessible by the other Users. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction. Therefore, CRS strongly recommends that you think carefully about what you post to or through the Website.
- CRS may, now or in the future, make certain automatically collected information about your interactions and activities on the Website, such as the programs, publications or blogs that you have liked, shared or commented on, publicly available on the Website or on or through various social networking services. Any publicly available information will be accessible by other Users or the users of these social networking services.
- CRS may also disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, CRS may make such disclosures without first providing notice to you.
- CRS also reserves the right to disclose User information that it believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect CRS from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Website; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CRS, its Users, or others.
- In the event that CRS is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, it reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that it has collected from its Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally identifiable information with CRS, in which case CRS will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on or through the Website. If you have registered for an account with the Website, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information at any time by contacting CRS at firstname.lastname@example.org. CRS may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. However, please note that CRS will not use or transfer your personally identifiable information in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Links to Other Sites:
CRS may, now or in the future, allow you to make donations or contributions through the Website to CRS, its affiliate non-profit organizations, or causes and programs advocated by CRS and/ or its affiliate non-profit organizations. In such event, CRS may publish list(s) of Users who have made such donations or contributions, their corporate affiliations, and the amount of such donations or contributions. You will have the ability to opt in to revealing your personally identifiable information in this manner by making the appropriate choices on or through the Website or over the phone.
CRS does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Website from persons under 13 years-of-age. If CRS learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected through the Website, then CRS will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
CRS uses certain physical, managerial, or technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. CRS cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to CRS, and you do so at your own risk. Once CRS receives your transmission of information, it makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of its systems. However, this is not a guarantee that this information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If CRS learns of a security systems breach, then CRS may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. CRS may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.