Since 1997, Green-e Energy has certified clean energy sold to consumers and businesses that want to reduce the environmental impact of their electricity use.
Investing in renewable energy is one of the most important decisions we can make. Together we can transform our electricity sector to one powered by clean, unlimited, domestic energy from a limitless, free resource—the sun, wind, and water. Green-e Energy certifies renewable energy that meets the highest standards in North America: it must be generated from new facilities, marketed with complete transparency and accuracy, and delivered to the purchaser, who has sole title. Green-e verifies the entire chain of custody of certified renewable energy from generation to retirement to ensure individuals and businesses are getting exactly what they paid for.
Green-e Energy certifies many renewable energy options, including:
- Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) (also called Municipal Aggregation) programs
- Competitive Electricity Products
- Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) products
- Utility Green Pricing Programs
- REC purchases and power purchase agreements (PPAs) with generators and on-site generation, through Green-e Direct.
- RECs and Renewable Electricity sold to government agencies to comply with Executive Order 1369, through the Green-e Energy Federal Option.